You're a full stack software engineer with 4+ years of experience. You want to join a founding team as the technical subject matter expert and build a software product from the ground up (literally).
To date, we've been hyper-focused on building a product & community that our users (mentors & students) love and evangelize using no/low-code solutions - we know that we're solving a REAL pain point. We've been cash-flow positive and profitable since (basically) day 1.
We’re looking for someone exceptionally talented who will help steer our path as we scale and make a huge impact on Skillful. You aspire to leadership. Ambiguity is where you thrive. You're a business and product-minded engineer who wants to build to solve user problems.
- Build the Skillful web app from the ground up, architect the end-to-end experience
- Move fast, learn, and continuously iterate - we have a highly engaged community of Skillful graduates who are available for constant feedback & testing
- Work with our co-founder & designer to build incredible learning experiences
- Shape our company's engineering culture
- Play an important part in determining our roadmap
- Take ownership, champion best practices, and ensure adherence to the highest technical standards
Bonus points if:
- You have experience building consumer products and web apps from A -> Z
- You have early-stage startup experience, experimenting to product-market fit and then scaling
- Leadership experience
- Passion for education. You don't need to be an expert, but you have thought deeply about how our current higher education system can be improve and have an appreciation for what we're building with Skillful. You MUST believe in our mission
Skillful is an early-stage EdTech startup that is building a peer-to-peer learning platform to create a better alternative to inaccessible and outdated masters degrees ($100B market). We believe that the best way to accelerate your career is to learn directly from peers who have the job you want.
We’re currently focused on training people for business roles in tech like Product & Operations, but plan to roll-out programs across more roles & industries. All training is created & led by peer mentors who work at companies like Google, DoorDash and Instacart. Skillful grads go on to land roles at their mentor’s companies.
We bootstrapped Skillful to a six-figure run rate and recently closed a pre-seed round from prominent angels and VCs.